There are many Star Wars fans that dream of handcrafting their own lightsaber. Customizing a Jedi sword seems like an easy task, but it requires effort, knowledge, and the best clear tube for lightsabers. One of the essential steps that you should take is to choose one made of high-quality materials.
Finding a good lightsaber plastic tube in the market is challenging even for those who have experience customizing lightsabers. It is best to consider factors that affect the overall design and the vision that you have for your saber. Even so, there is no need to worry! I got you covered. All you have to do is read on.
Top Picks of 2022
1. Small Parts Polycarbonate Tubing
When building your own saber, it is vital to find a polycarbonate tube for lightsabers. Small Parts is known to be one of the best when it comes to this type of material.
Take a look at this 36 inches transparent tubing with an inside diameter of ¾ inches and wall thickness of ⅛ inches. It has an optical clarity that could be transparent, translucent, or opaque. This makes it ideal for several applications, including a lightsaber blade.
Another outstanding feature of this tube is its high elasticity and good chemical resistance. It varies in bend radius and is creep-resistant. Depending on the coloring of the cylinder, it can hold inorganic acids and grease alongside others.
Furthermore, this polycarbonate tubing has excellent heat and impact resistance. In detail, it has a Rockwell Hardness of R 73-79 and an operating temperature of between -275 to +250 degrees Fahrenheit. Besides, it has low moisture absorption, which means that this tubing’s durability and strength are superior.
This tube is used in many industries, such as agriculture, medicine, automotive, and many others.
2. FORMUFIT P034FGP-UV-5 PVC Pipe
FORMUFIT is where most Star Wars fans who customize their own lightsaber go. You can rest assured that they have a top-notch product that is ideal for creating a high-quality Jedi sword.
This furniture-grade pipe is 60 inches long with an inside diameter of 0.824 inches and a height of 1.1 inches. It is made from polyvinyl chloride with a nominal wall thickness of 40 inches. This is an assurance of its durability, ideal for a heavy-duty and battle-ready lightsaber blade.
It is a tube that features a glossy shine finish, which looks great. Besides, this makes it perfect for professional PVC projects. The light-blue tint and clear color are both inside and outside. It has the perfect appearance and durability, which are a must for lightsaber blades.
Moreover, it’s UV-resistant and impact-proof. No matter how many hits it receives, it can endure and still be in good condition. It won’t cause discoloration or fading even when used outdoors under the blazing sun.
There are no marks or printings on the pipe’s surface. You don’t have to worry about removing adhesive marks or buffing the surface. Once you receive the tubing, you can expect that it is already professional-looking without any flaws.
3. Small Parts Clear Polycarbonate Tubing
A polycarbonate tubing lightsaber is something that you can get from Small Parts. This brand has many materials that are ideal for making a saber.
Consider this durable and rigid polycarbonate tubing. It is engineered to achieve specific properties and notable characteristics that make it great for many applications. This includes using it as a blade for a custom-made lightsaber.
One of its many attributes includes impact-resistant and toughness. The exceptional impact resistance makes it an ideal alternative to ceramic, metal, and glass. In a lightsaber, this makes the sword’s blade immune to heavy hits during roleplaying battles.
Furthermore, this pipe has dimensional stability and excellent thermal and electrical insulating properties. The temperature range of this is between -275 to +250 degrees Fahrenheit. Even under different circumstances and environmental conditions, you can expect this tube to maintain its shape.
The high-grade optical clarity and self-lubricating surface create a professional finish. You can expect it to keep its appearance since it is wear-resistant and can prevent any surface damage from contact with other objects.
Its tensile strength is exceptional, and it can absorb shock really well without breaking too soon. These qualities make this perfect for a lightsaber blade that can withstand many hits.
4. Uxcell Polycarbonate Rigid Round Clear Tubing
There are many places where you can get your materials to build an excellent lightsaber. Uxcell is well-known for some of the best in providing state-of-the-art pieces that make the right blade for a saber.
This circular pipe is 36 inches long, with an inside diameter of one inch, and an overall rigid structure. At first glance, it is the perfect tubing for a lightsaber blade, but there are more reasons why it is ideal for your DIY saber project.
Its resistance to impact and creep makes it great for high-impact and repeated applications. Besides, its Rockwell Hardness rating is R 73-78, which is decent for most industry use. Knowing that this pipe is manufactured from polycarbonate, the durability of it is already a given.
The operating temperature range for this tube is -275 to +250 degrees Fahrenheit. Its high elasticity will ensure that its form is maintained regardless of the environment or working condition as long as the temperature falls between the range stated.
Even after assembling your lightsaber with this pipe as the blade and using it outdoors under the hot sun, you can expect it to maintain its rigid form.
With a wall thickness of ⅛ inches, it can be used repeatedly without worrying about it breaking after a few hits. This makes it ideal for heavy dueling lightsabers that most fans want. If you are thinking of using it for other purposes, you can since it’ll hold up well.
5. Small Parts Clear Color Polycarbonate Tubing
For a battle-ready lightsaber, you should opt for high-quality materials. Small Parts is an excellent place to start looking for pieces to customize the saber that you dreamed of having.
Take this 10mm clear pipe, for example. It is two feet in length, made of polycarbonate material that is easy to process. You can cut it with a pipe cutter or hacksaw and not worry about it cracking or sustaining damage. For those who are working on building their own lightsaber from scratch, this makes a good blade.
The size stability of this round pipe is outstanding. This is one of its superior qualities alongside being wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant. Besides, it doesn’t get scratches or marks easily. When used in a lightsaber, it will surely last for a long time.
Furthermore, it is an excellent electrical insulator, which means it provides high power loss protection. This stiff plastic is mainly used in applications like lamps, display racks, water pipes, and DIY lightsabers. The fact that it is easy to process makes it very favorable, especially for beginners.
7. Lake Charles Manufacturing 201A5 Plastic Test Tubes
A polycarbonate tube cap is not only good for a custom lightsaber but also a lot of other things. You can find this at Lake Charles.hey have one that is impressive and great for whatever project you have in mind.
Consider this clear plastic tube that comes with a cap. In detail, it is six inches long, ⅝ inch wide, and. 75 ounces. Made of polystyrene material, it is of decent quality that you can use for smaller lightsabers.
There are ten pieces of these clear tubes in a pack. They are reusable for multiple applications. From laboratory use to food and beverage packaging, many will find these test tubes useful.
This transparent tube is waterproof. With the cap tightly sucked into it, no water can seep inside, and it’ll remain completely dry. It can hold any liquid securely even when you turn it upside down and shake. As long as the cap is on, nothing will spill.
8. KYBERS Lightsaber Basic PC Blades
If you want to be specific and look for a large diameter polycarbonate tube best for lightsabers, visit KYBERS. They have tubings that are made precisely for building exceptionally good lightsabers.
This clear tube is specifically designed for a lightsaber blade. It is the basic 7/8 inch OD that is 30.9 inches in length. Due to its high durability and high resistance, it is the perfect blade for a battle-ready saber.
Furthermore, it features built-in reflective films that make the luminescence more consistent throughout the blade’s length. You can never go wrong with these blades since they are made for the basic lightsaber. It is also an ideal replacement for your saber blade if you want to make it longer.
If you are unsure of what tube you should use for the lightsaber that you are building, this is one option.
It is manufactured with environmental protection in mind as well. By buying this, you are doing yourself a favor and lending a hand in keeping the environment safe.
What to Look for When Buying a Clear Tube for Lightsabers
For a DIY lightsaber, there are many things to consider. Not only on how to put all the pieces together but in choosing the materials.
When purchasing a polycarbonate lightsaber blade, you have to consider several things to ensure that your saber is of the highest quality possible. Here are some factors to look out for:
Durability and Resistance
Most Star Wars fans prefer to DIY their lightsabers because they want it to be battle-ready. More than half of the sabers sold in the market are not ideal for medium to heavy dueling, but when you create your own Jedi sword, you can opt for the most durable and impact-resistant blade.
Check the Rockwell Hardness rating, the thickness of the pipe, the tube’s resistance, and the elasticity. These should be your top priority when looking for a clear pipe. This is how you make sure that your saber can be used repeatedly for a long for a long time.
You’d want a clear or transparent tube that can show the color of the light from the in-hilt LED running through the blade. A frosted tubing with a blade diffusion film is also ideal.
If you intend to use the lightsaber in a bright environment, day blades are more preferred. These are a subcategory of the standard design and consist of colored or tinted polycarbonate tubes. Refer to your lightsaber design plan and determine which one is best suited for you.
Length and Weight
The standard size that you should go for based on the product reviews listed is 36 inches. You can also refer to the lightsabers you’ve previously owned and bear in mind who will use the saber.
The blade affects the length and the overall weight of the sword, so it is vital to consider these two factors when purchasing a tubing. Most people do not want it to be too light or too heavy. Don’t forget to also consider the hilt’s weight.
The best clear tube for lightsabers is necessary to build a lightsaber that can endure medium to heavy dueling. It may be a real challenge, especially if it is your first time assembling your own Jedi weapon, but it is not impossible.
With the product reviews and guide above, you will undoubtedly find an excellent lightsaber tubing for your project. If you happen to have any additional tips that other lightsaber builders need to know, share them with us by leaving a comment below!
- Transparent, rigid tubing for applications subject to high impact or repeated use
- Polycarbonate for resistance to grease, oil, detergent, and impact
- High elasticity for resistance to creep
- Operating temperature range of -275 to +250 degrees F
- Rockwell Hardness rating of R 73-78
- Exclusive Star Wars Galaxys Edge 36 inch Lightsaber Blade
- Features multiple blade colors that are determined by Legacy hilt or Kyber crystal.
- Lightsaber blade only. Legacy hilts and Kyber crystals sold separately.
- Each lightsaber blade comes in its original box
- SPECIFICATION: 1.18-inch ID x 1.26-inch OD x 0.04-inch wall, 250mm/0.82Ft Length.
- APPLICATION: Commonly used in water pipes, DIY lightsaber, lamp and light, crafts, electronics, hardware, display racks and decoration ect.
- MATERIAL: Clear Tube is made of polycarbonate with high impact-resistant, it is easy to be processed. You can use the hacksaw or pipe cutter to cut it...
- ADVANTAGE: It is sturdy and durable, it has good electrical insulation, good tensile and compressive strength. It also has higher chemical resistance...
- NOTE: The stiff PC plastic tubing cannot be stored in water above 140 ℉ for a long time.
- PACKAGE DETAILS: 30 pcs of test tubes with lids of measurement 1.1"×4.30" / 28×109mm (50ml)
- PERFECT SEALING: These plastic tubes with caps ensure best sealing, perfect to carry liquids around the town
- POWERFUL FEATURES: Clear plastic tube comes with screw tops, ensures durability, is flat bottomed, & stands on its own
- VERSATILE: Our gumball clear tubes are very suitable for beads, bath salts, candy, powder, & liquids storage
- PERFECT FOR TINY STORAGE NEEDS: Candy tubes stores chewing gum, beans, cookies, nuts, crafts, samples, and liquids
- 2-in-1 LED Saber Sword includes Green and Blue Swords with Easy-to-Grip Design SLIVER Handle and a Double Blade Dual Connector.
- The Light up saber also has LED light Flashing MODE and Motion Sensitive. Each Size: 26.5’’.
- Features: Translucent LED Safe Blades with Detailed Design Handles. Realistic Galaxy Warriors Play.
- Super Value Toy Pack for Parties. Perfect for Light Up Saber, Star War and Galaxy Fighters Themed Parties, Halloween Dress Up Parties, Halloween...
- Durable Plastic. Superior Quality. Deluxe Set. 6 AAA Batteries Included. CHILD SAFE: Non-Toxic. Meet US Toy Standard. Safety Test Approved
- 【Finished Size】6 x 1 x 1 Inches ( 15.3 x 2.54 x 2.54 CM) These transparent gumball containers are perfect for 6 gumballs or any other small candy...
- 【Quantity & Premium Quality】Include: 36PCS clear gumball gift boxes, very easy to assemble, very sturdy and attractive, which makes your gumballs...
- 【Application Occasion】: Birthday party,wedding receptions, Christmas celebrations, graduation party favors.
- 【Design】: Gumball box party favors fully transparent design, perfect for showing off your gumballs or delicious food, it looks more pretty and...
- 【Warm Tips】There is a layer of membrane to prevent plastic gumball tubes from Scratches, Scratch and Reduce dust. Torn off it before assemble. We...
- Package contains: 18pcs 115ml Plastic Flat Test Tubes(large capacity 30 x 180mm), 3 pcs funnels of 2.5cm diameter and 1 test tube brush.
- Safe Material: The transparent plastic test tube is made of PET plastic and it is strong and not easy to break. It is safe and harmless to the human...
- Sealing and special design: Each tube is equipped with Screw Caps to enable a good seal; with the flat-bottomed tube design, the product can be placed...
- Special design: with the funnel and test tube brush in the set, it is convenient to fill various types of liquid in the test tube and for multiple...
- A variety of uses: large-capacity, clear test tubes can be used not only for scientific experiments, planting hydroponic plants, but also for party...