Is your kid one of those children who are very fond of sitting behind your car’s steering wheel? But since they are small, kids can’t reach the wheels, and they can’t enjoy the experience at all. There is one thing you can do to feed your kid’s love for cars and let them have a pleasant time on it. What you need is the best power wheels for 1 year olds.
There is a power wheel for kids of all ages, and you can definitely find one for your 1-year-old. Moreover, it comes in different varieties, from a truck to a jeep and themed cars.
You will be faced with many options in the market, and aside from your personal preferences, there are other factors that you should consider before purchasing. But before we go to the buying guide, take a look at the product reviews below.
Top Picks Power Wheel for 1 Year Olds
1. Power Wheels 6V Battery Powered Thomas Train
For the little ones who like to experience driving around, a power wheels jeep will be a great gift. They will surely have a good time steering the wheel. Take a look at this 6v Thomas train with fun styling and toddler-friendly features. Based on Thomas and Friends, this ride-on vehicle offers a trip that the kids will surely enjoy.
This battery-powered train has a convenient footrest, a single rider seat, and 6-volts of battery power that runs the vehicle on a fun but safe 1mph-2mph speed. In addition, it is built for hours of fun and endless possibilities.
The toy train comes with Thomas phrases and sounds so the children can have a realistic experience playing with them. Moreover, the push-button control switches are easy to operate even for the little ones. Learning how to start, go forward, steer, and stop and getting familiar with the train requires no instruction manual.
The package has a track included where kids can ride around. When they get a bit older, they can also drive the toy train and steer it off the track for more adventures. This is possible since the vehicle has wide and strong tires that can run both on and off the track.
- Fun Thomas Train styling
- Features Thomas phrases and sounds
- Easy to operate
- Comes with tracks
- Works on or off the track
- Changing batteries take time
2. Uenjoy 12V Motorized Maserati GranCabrio
There are many themed motorized cars for 1-year-olds, and picking the best one is a challenge but reading our reviews about the product will be a great help. Consider this light pink ride-on car that is suitable for kids 1 to 5 years old. Packed with many features and great functionality, you will find this a worthy product to purchase.
This toy vehicle has an eye-catching appearance that can provide superior driving enjoyment and real fun. Furthermore, there’s a handle under the head of the car, so you can carry the vehicle like luggage when it runs out of battery on the way.
A parental remote controller can operate the ride-on car with 3-speed options or a gas pedal and steering wheel with 2-speed options. The two 12-volts motors that drive the rear wheels can reach a speed of 3.1mph. Moreover, the EVA wheel has spring suspension so kids can enjoy a comfortable and safe ride.
For extra features, it has built-in music and stories as well as an FM radio. You can also connect your phone via USB or Bluetooth with the MP3 player installed in the car. For a real driving experience, the vehicle additionally comes with horn and engine sounds.
- Features eye-catching appearance
- Has two control options
- Comes with four wheels with suspension
- Includes built-in music and stories
- Battery drains fast
3. Honda Camo Utility ATV
If you want your kids to experience the fun of driving around, you should get them a power wheel that is best suited for their age. There are certainly countless options out there that you can consider.
There’s this ride-on toy ATV, which is an officially licensed product of Honda. It features a unique and realistic camo printed on all four fenders. Kids will have fun riding and pushing this toy car. The vehicle’s rugged and durable look is solid proof of the quality and excellent materials used in this product. It is recommended for children aged 1 to 3 years old weighing up to 40lbs.
Now for the features, it comes with fun sounds, talking phrases, and original songs. This makes playtime more enjoyable and engaging. Moreover, the controls of this car are easy to get familiar with. Pressing three light-up dash buttons activate the sound effects, and twisting the throttle will stimulate the car’s revving sound.
In detail, this utility camo ATV comes with both front and rear racks as well as super grip tires for a stable ride. Parents have the option to control the volume level that is ideal for their home and overall playing environment.
- An officially licensed product
- Realistic details and appearance
- Stable and durable
- Features original songs, talking phrases, and fun sounds
- Has three light-up dash buttons
- No parental control mode
4. Costzon 12V Battery Powered Licensed Maserati Gbili
When talking about motorized toys for kids, you have a lot of options to go through. What would make a power wheel good enough for you to purchase? Here, take a look at this product review.
This electric vehicle in deluxe black is a cool ride-on car that would make the perfect gift for the kids.It features a realistic Maserati appearance that mirrors the real-life version. But, this luxurious looking toy car is not just about the outer appearance, it also features multiple functions.
Children can ride on this vehicle for around 90 to 120 minutes after a full charge of its 12v battery. It comes with two motors for continuous power and stable riding. Furthermore, the car has comfortable seats with a large space to sit. There is also a safety belt installed for a secure driving experience.
Moreover, this toy has two control modes: the parental control mode and manual mode. The former is for young kids who cannot operate the car independently, and the latter is for children who can reach the foot pedal and steering wheel. Additionally, the controls are easy for manual driving. Included are the buttons to go, move forward/backward, turn left/right, and brake.
- Features realistic appearance
- Has two control modes
- Comes with two motors
- Comfortable seat with safety harness
- The radio can’t be turned down
5. Uenjoy 12V Motorized Volkswagen Beetle
For those who are looking for 1-year-olds power wheels, there are several things that you should keep in mind before swiping your card, and reading this product review is one of them. Check out this ride-on toy that is made to look like the mini version of the Volkswagen Beetle. This pink electric toy vehicle is suitable for kids aged 1 to 5 with a maximum load of 77lbs.
This motorized toy is equipped with four-wheel suspension, double door, power display, LED lights, FM, music, and portable handle. It is a complete package with features and functionality that will surely make driving around fun.
In detail, it has two driving modes: the manual operation and parental remote control. The manual mode is ideal for kids who are big enough to reach the pedal and steering wheel. Otherwise, parents can use a 2.4Ghz remote to control the toy car.
The wheels are equipped with spring suspension, so you can expect a smooth ride. Moreover, there is a comfortable, thickened base with a safety belt for security. There’s also a double door design and a large seating space.
Depending on the child’s weight and the car’s speed, the running time of this vehicle on a full battery is around an hour. Also, features like playing the sound effects and music can affect how long the car can run.
- Comes with two driving modes
- Includes safety features
- Features fun functions
- Can run for a full hour
- The two seats are only comfortable for one child
6. TOBBI 12V Battery Powered Ride On Truck
Driving a power wheel around is not only fun for the kids but also the parents. Just looking at your children happily playing will make you feel good. Thus, it is crucial to find the best ride-on toy for your children.
Take a good look at this electric ride-on truck made of premium materials and ideal for young kids aged three to five. It is a battery-powered toy that can enhance children’s coordination and independence while playing.
There are two control modes for this toy vehicle, the battery mode and parental remote control mode. In the battery mode, children can operate the car using a pedal and steering wheel. The parental mode, on the other hand, uses a remote to control the vehicle. With these two driving modes, there is improved safety for kids while driving.
Moreover, it is equipped with realistic functions such as an MP3 player, USB port, AUX input, LED lights, and TF card slot. The vehicle’s forward and reverse functions have three-speed controls and can be adjusted on the remote control.
When it comes to safety features, this one is never short of it. The front and rear wheel comes with a suspension system for a smooth and comfortable ride. Furthermore, there’s an adjustable seat belt and double door with a magnetic lock for maximum safety while riding the toy. There’s also the soft-start function so children won’t be surprised with the sudden brake or acceleration.
- Enhances children’s imagination and coordination
- Made from premium materials
- Has two driving modes
- Features realistic functions
- Comes with safety features
- Instructions are difficult to understand
7. Kidz Motorz 6V Ride On Kiddie Quad
Many ride-on toys are specifically designed for the young ones, and there are many of them in the market. If you want the best among the bunch, you should read through the following reading product review.
This kiddie ride on quad toy has the looks to attract children. It also has some great features and functionality that allows children to make the most out of driving. In addition, it features cool decals that make it more appealing to kids.
The package comes with all the parts you need, plus it is quick and easy to assemble. Moreover, the 6v rechargeable battery can power the car with a speed of 1mph, which is ideal for power wheels for 2-year olds.
On the handlebar there is a convenient button that can control the movement of the toy vehicle. It is simple and straightforward to operate even for kids. Furthermore, it is effortless to steer the wheel, which contributes significantly to the ease of operation.
The toy car’s sturdy structure provides the support needed by kids to safely and comfortably operate the vehicle. As for the weight capacity, this ride on car can support a maximum of 55 lbs for kids aged one and up.
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Convenient and easy control button
- Wheels can be steered effortlessly
- Features a sturdy structure
- Unable to run smoothly on hardwood floors
8. Costzon 12V Ride On Truck
Offering your kids a ride-on toy will definitely keep them engaged and occupied for long hours. While there are many brands and models available, you can effectively narrow them down with the help of product reviews.
Check out this battery-powered truck in bright red. It is made of the most durable plastic material and has an eye-catching design. This way kids can enjoy superior driving that is fun and engaging.
The controls of this remote control power wheels for 1-year olds is easy to work with. In detail, it has two control options: the 2.4Ghz parental control mode and battery-operated mode. If the kids can reach the steering wheel and the pedal, the manual mode can be used. Otherwise, it’s the remote control mode. You can start with the parental mode for young kids, and you can let them operate it on manual mode later on.
For safe riding, the toy car is equipped with safety features. The comfortable seat comes with a safety belt and a large sitting space. Other features include colorful LED headlights, a volume controller, and an MP3 player. Moreover, when the battery is fully charged, it can run for around 40 minutes.
- Eye-catching appearance
- Has two control options
- Comes with safety features
- Can run for 40 minutes after full charge
- A bit challenging to assemble
9. Uenjoy 12V Licensed Mercedes-Benz
Most kids like pretend-driving in your car, and to give them a chance to experience the real thing, you buy them a ride-on vehicle. Take a look at this 12v power wheel.
This Mercedes-Benz ride-on toy for kids is suitable for 37-96 months-old kids with a maximum load capacity of 66lbs. Kids won’t get bored with this motorized vehicle because it can change its appearance. In detail, the windows on both sides of the car can be removed to adjust the doors’ height.
There are two control options for this toy car: the parental mode and manual operation. Adults can control the vehicle with the 2.4Ghz wireless remote that features three speeds shifting with the parental mode. If the child is old enough to reach the steering wheel and electric pedal, manual operation with two speeds shifting is possible.
This power wheel for 4-year-olds also has multiple functions such as a built-in working radio, Bluetooth, AUX cord, and USB port so kids can play their own music. There’s also a horn, LED lights, brake freely feature, speed shifting ability, and a real car engine sound. All these contribute to a realistic and enjoyable playtime.
- Appearance can be changed
- Has two control modes
- Includes safety features
- Comes with multiple functions
- The doors are a bit difficult to open
10. Kidzone 6V 360 Degree Spinning Toy
Driving around in a mini car is a fun experience for the kids. Give your kids this joy by buying them a battery powered car for 1-year-olds. Take a look at this ready to spin ride-on toy that is built from a tough plastic shell. Besides, it has a soft bumper outside system so kids can bump it around if they make a wrong turn.
This yellow bumper car can spin a full 360 degrees and is fully rechargeable. It can be controlled with either a remote control or joystick. You can also use this right out of the box. It does not require assembling, just has to connect the battery wire, and it is ready to go. Besides, the race car number can be personalized from 00 to 99.
This car has a 6v battery and a maximum speed of 0.75mph, making it ideal for younger kids. This also makes it a great electric car for children who are new to this kind of toy. When it comes to safety features, this car is ASTM certified. It comes with a safety belt, anti-flat tires, and colorful flashing lights. Kids aged one and a half and up can play with this spinning toy.
- Built from tough plastic shell
- Simple and easy controls
- The race number can be personalized
- Comes with safety features
- Bumper car control cannot be disabled
What to Look for When Buying Power Wheels for 1 Year Old
Today’s power wheels for one-year-olds come with different features and functionalities. After going through our product review, you’ve probably got an idea of which of these features matter the most. With this buying guide, more details are discussed on what one should look for in a power wheel that is ideal for a one-year-old kid.
1. Speed and Power
These two go hand in hand. It would be best if you opted for power cars for 1-year-olds with speed that is ideal for the child’s age. For one-year-old kids, choose a power wheel with a 6V battery that can travel around 2.5 miles per hour. It might be too slow for an adult, but the speed is just right for younger kids.
Remember that the higher the volt of the battery, the faster the vehicle can go. As the kids grow older, they would appreciate a higher power for their toy car. However, for those who are just starting with a power wheel toy, the 6V battery is the best pick.
If you want durable power wheels, you should check on what materials it is made up of. Carbon fiber, steel metals, and plastic are the combination you want for your kid’s power wheels food truck. This is how you ensure that the toy can have long-lasting play.
Since it is for kids’ use, safety is very crucial. Check if there are seat belts installed and if the power wheel has a power lock braking system. The former will keep the kid secured on the vehicle while the latter will ensure that the ride-on toy can do a full stop quickly. Moreover, it is equally important to check if the brakes are working before each use.
4. Off-Road Ability
Some children are content with driving their power wheels on the pavement. However, when it gets boring, they may want to wander off to the yard or garden. This is why it is necessary to opt for a ride-on toy capable of traveling on grass, gravel, and other surfaces. The tires should have enough traction and tread so that the vehicle can maneuver offroad. You wouldn’t want to have to push the car out of a puddle of water or mud.
Power wheels are mostly a smaller replica of adult vehicles, from sports cars to luxury vehicles. There are also power wheels with a unisex appearance, and there are ones that are specifically designed to cater to each gender. If your child has a favorite television show, you can look for power wheels for 12-month olds with decals and styles similar to that.
You can find Disney Princess, Batman, Thomas & Friends, and many more themes to choose from. With this one, you can ask your kids’ personal opinion since they’ll be the ones who will play with the toy.
Now, everything is probably more transparent. There’s quite a lot to consider but rest assured that these will all make your purchase worth it. When it comes to a battery powered ride on toys for 1-year-olds, never settle for any less than what your child deserves. Strive to look for the best for your little ones.
Picking the best power wheels for 1 year olds is quite difficult. However, after going through my product review and buying guide, I hope you were able to narrow down your choices. These are all based on my observation and experience, so I might have missed some useful tips. You can help me by commenting below any other power wheel buying tips!
- Two Modes Design: 1. Parental remote control mode: You can control this ride on truck through remote control to enjoy the happiness of being together...
- Attractive and Fun Function: With forward and reverse functions and three speeds on remote control for adjustment, children will gain more autonomy...
- Soft Start & Security Assurance: Four wear-resistant wheels made of superior PP materials with no possibility of leaking or tire burst, eliminating...
- Cool and Realistic Appearance: Featuring bright front & rear lights and double doors with magnetic lock, this ride on truck is committed to providing...
- Perfect Gift for Children: Scientifically designed kids ride on truck is a wonderful present for your children's birthday or Christmas. Choose the...
- IMPROVED TECHNOLOGY: This new (2018) version of the car features updated electronics based on user feedback. The new and improved remote control has a...
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD: For kids as young as 18 months, the Grow With Me Racer offers three modes of riding: adult driven, adult correcting, and child...
- FUN RIDING: The push-to-go button on the steering wheel allows easy steering for beginner drivers while the arrow buttons make the car spin in...
- SPIN FEATURE: This ride-on comes with a highly maneuverable spinning feature that allows toddlers to spin in 360 degrees.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Battery and charger included. Assembled dimensions are 29.2“ L x 22.5“ W x 19. 5” H. Recommended for kids ages 1 ½ – 4 years....
- FOR KIDS 37 MONTHS & OLDER: This small yet powerful ride-on is perfect for your little racers who want to start driving like the grownups do!
- POWERFUL 12V & REALISTIC DESIGN: Adjustable seatbelt, bright LED headlights, lockable doors, and grid windshield for off-road style, with a 12V motor...
- MANUAL AND PARENT CONTROL: Let your child drive manually or use the remote control to safely guide them yourself; remote has forward/reverse controls
- SAFE & DURABLE: Includes plastic wheels that will never deflate, plus a spring suspension system and safe, 2.8mph max speed for smooth rides on...
- CONNECT YOUR MUSIC: A built-in AUX outlet allows kids to plug in media devices to drive while jamming to their own selection of music; OVERALL...
- Ride in style with this unique Disney Minnie Mouse themed hot rod styled 6V battery powered ride on toy from kid trax
- Capable of a forward speed of 1.5 MPH, this ride on toy quad has easy push button acceleration that's perfect for little hands
- Features such as kid trax power trax rubber traction strip tires for all terrain performance make this toy adventurous, yet safe
- A 6V rechargeable battery with kid trax direct connect one step charging system guarantees that fun is never more than an outlet away
- This ride on toy ships ready to be assembled, has a 45 pound maximum weight capacity, is recommended for ages 18 to 30 months, and has a 1 year...
- Little construction workers in training will love this authentically-styled CAT ATV, Sits one rider between 3 and 5 years old, with a maxium weight...
- Working LED headlights will light up the driveway, Realistic horn and engine sounds take playtime to the next level
- Real foot pedal acceleration creates a lifelike driving experience
- Goes in forward and reverse at 2.5 MPH for maneuvering through tight spaces
- Comes with a 6-volt rechargeable battery and wall charger so the fun never has to stop
- Age Range: This mini Vespa ride on toy is ideal for ages 1.5 to 3 years old with a maximum weight of 45 pounds
- Speed: 1.5 miles per hour top speed; Riding is easy for kids, just push the foot pedal to go; training wheels ensure safe operation
- Features: Real LED headlight; fun engine sounds, realistic Vespa design
- Style: Featuring gloss white paint, this toddler ride on toy looks just like a real Vespa!
- Warranty: 90 day warranty on parts and battery
- 【Two Modes for Easy Operation】This kid electric ride on car can be easily operated in two ways. It can be controlled by kids via steering wheel...
- 【Fun-Filled Entertainment】This ride on car has built-in music, simulated horn sound, headlights. USB port, MP3 input allows you to connect...
- 【Safe Protection Devices】Comfortable seat with safety belt provides large space for your baby to sit. The four tires are shockproof and have a...
- 【High Quality and Durable Construction】Constructed with premium environmentally friendly PE and iron materials, which is not only waterproof and...
- 【Perfect Gift for Kids】It is a ideal birthday gift or Christmas gift for your children. Choose it as a companion to accompany children’s growth,...
- Head out to fight crime just like Spidey himself with the Spiderman Motorcycle 6V Battery-Powered Ride-On Toy from Kid Trax.
- Capable of a forward speed of 1.5 MPH and equipped with a front LED light and foot pedal acceleration, this one-person ride-on toy is full of...
- Features such as Kid Trax Power Trax rubber traction strip tires for all-terrain performance make this toy adventurous, yet safe.
- A 6V rechargeable battery with Kid Trax direct connect one-step charging system guarantees that fun is never more than an outlet away.
- This ride-on toy ships ready to be assembled, has a 44-pound maximum weight capacity, is recommended for ages 18 to 30 months, and has a 1 year...
- COOLEST KID ON THE BLOCK: This kids four-wheeler has a cool design that is matched with a timeless classic color. Its super fun for any kid, and it...
- LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN: Don't tell your kids, but they can learn as much as they have fun on this kids ATV! The four-wheeler can help develop a...
- HIGHLY INTERACTIVE: This kids four wheeler features 3 pieces of pure music, as well as a headlight, which increases fun while kids are playing and...
- SAFETY BUILT-IN: This four-wheeler for kids has passed the professional certification of ASTM F963-17 and CPSIA HR4040, so, it's as safe as it is fun!
- RIDE ON ATV DIMENSIONS: Overall Dimension: 26.5" L x 15" W x 17.25" H, Suitable for 18-36 months old, Weight Capacity: 44 lbs. NOTE: Drive mode is...
- Includes flatbed with a drop-down tailgate, rugged off-road wheels, an opening gas cap, and a steering wheel with a working electronic horn
- Distinctive truck styling with a realistic front grill
- Opening and closing driver's door
- Fun graphics, and dash, tail and headlight decals
- Parent push handle on the roof
- REALISTIC DRIVING ACTION: Give your kids a realistic behind-the-wheel experience with controls sized for small hands and a powerful 12V battery that...
- PARENTAL REMOTE CONTROL: Join in the fun and take your child on a wild ride with full control over the truck's driving features
- INTERACTIVE FUNCTIONS: Fully functioning wheels with spring suspension pairs with working LED headlights for a realistic multi-terrain experience
- CHILD-FRIENDLY DESIGN: Includes plastic wheels, seat belts with locking doors, and a 3.7mph max speed for smooth cruising around the house
- BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS: Connect your kid's favorite devices to the built-in Bluetooth speakers and add a musical element to playtime; OVERALL DIMENSIONS:...
- Unique Paw Patrol DESIGN featuring your child's favorite characters. Seats one rider, ages 18 - 30 months, with a maximum weight of 44 lbs.
- Easy push button acceleration is simple for little ones to operate.
- Goes forward at 2 mph. Reverse speed feature is not available
- Power Trax rubber traction strip tires keep the ride smooth and steady.
- Includes 6-volt rechargeable battery and charger so the fun never has to stop for long.
- CAT Toddler Quad ride-on toy is great for outdoor adventures in the driveway, backyard, or sidewalk. Fits one rider, ages 18 – 30 months
- Authentic yellow and black CAT styling for construction fun
- Working headlights and included toy helmet add to the playtime fun
- Goes forward at 1.5 MPH. Foot pedal acceleration provides a lifelike driving experience
- Includes 6-volt rechargeable battery and charger so the fun never has to stop for long