Getting a pet dog is hard because you need to secure an adoption certificate or deal with allergies and responsibilities. If you want convenience, getting a robot dog might be a wise choice. The best robot dog toy should act like a real dog, interactive and intelligent.
A robot dog toy isn’t only suitable for younger kids but also for older kids who need a companion in life.
For easy selection, I’ve gathered promising robot pets that you can consider in your next shopping spree. If you want to find another brand, you can refer to my buying guide below.
Top Picks Robot Dog Toys
1. Fisca Intelligent Robotic Dog
This Fisca robotic dog is an excellent company for kids aged six years old and above. This interactive robot dog can sing, dance, and make cute moves. Its appearance reminds me of a robot dog toy 90s, but with improved features.
My child loves this dog toy because it’s very interactive. A touch of the dog’s head makes it do some cute moves and sound just similar to a real dog. I like that this robot dog can do life-like tricks, such as forward walks, head spins, and blinks due to its multi-skill programming function.
What we like best is the robot dog’s ability to sing and dance. I enjoy seeing my kids dance together with the dog to different music. Since the robot toy is made with a smooth surface, I felt reassured that it won’t hurt my kids when they play with it.
I like that this electronic dog already includes a 3.7V rechargeable battery that can charge in about four hours. Thankfully, this interactive robot dog toy features a power-saving function that allows the unit to turn off automatically after resting for 100 seconds. For the remote controller that controls all actions, you need to use two AAA batteries.
2. JOY FOR ALL Companion Pet
The Golden Pup from JOY FOR ALL is the most realistic robot dog toy that I’ve ever seen. I bought this interactive robot pup as a replacement for the Tombot animatronic dog that my grandmother had lost, and I was happy with the results.
This interactive robot puppy is on top of my list because it can respond to your voice thanks to its innovative barkback technology. When my grandma talks to the robot pup, it barks back. It truly feels like owning a dog without excessive responsibility.
I’m pleasantly surprised at how soft and lifelike the fur coat feels on my hands, making it one of the best robot dogs out there. There’s even the calming sound of a heartbeat that can be felt on the dog robot. My grandma loved the vibrating heartbeat because it feels like an authentic puppy.
Since having the toy robot, my grandma’s mood has become more lively. She likes how the robot pup moves its head and tail in response to her voice and touch. The built-in sensors make all this interactive response possible.
3. WEofferwhatYOUwant Pet Dog
Harry is a good electronic toy dog that moves in response to touch. This dalmatian toy dog already includes batteries, so it can be used as soon as the package arrives.
My child loves this robot dog toy because it can play several games, like the WowWee Chip. Harry can do a chasing game whenever you touch its back. Interestingly, the robot puppy turns whenever it meets any obstacle and continues walking when the obstacles are gone with the Bump and Go feature.
This cute pet robot is quite delightful because it can sing and dance when you touch its head. It can also talk when you touch the tail, nose, and backside. This robot pup gets a lot of abuse from my nephew, and so far, it hasn’t fallen apart.
I love this robot pet because it cries and barks like a real dog when my nephew picks it up by the tail. The size is larger than I expected, so it’s easy to handle. Additionally, it’s easy to use because it works with the simple touch of the on/off button.
4. Selieve STEM DIY Robot Dog
When talking about educational robot dogs for kids, the Selieve STEM DIY robot toy delivers. SELIEVE offers a DIY function to help kids improve their creativity and hand-eye coordination during assembly.
This robot dog toy is easy to assemble because it comes with clear instructions. Compared to pre-assembled models, I think the quality of SELIEVE is on par with the expensive ones. This robot dog toy has been dropped several times, and it’s still in one piece.
My 5-year-old enjoyed the magnetic bone because the robot puppy makes an eating sound at the sight of the bone. Simultaneously, the robot puppy’s eyes change color, and it moves forward. The same reaction happens when it hears a hand-clapping sound or other similar sound frequency.
Just like a real dog, the SELIEVE robot puppy barks eight times when you touch its tail. This robot pet can also blink and snore. Thankfully, battery life is quite long because the product turns off automatically following a 100-second sleep mode.
5. Top Race Robot Dog Toy
This Top Race robot dog toy makes a good robot pet with its incredible tricks. This robotic dog can imitate animal sounds, sing, dance, and more.
I got this remote controlled dog robot for my child, and she loves the voice commands to make the robot dog do a lot of things, like sit, push up,and stand up. My favorite command is to tell the dog to act cute because it just looks adorable. My child always gives a laugh when she commands it to do a somersault.
Another thing that I like is the robot dog’s ability to imitate other animal sounds and movements. This interactive puppy can bleat like a goat, tweet like a bird, and honk like a goose. All these functions can all be done with the remote control.
I’m happy that the robot dog works well on any floor and carpet. It’s very enjoyable to see the robot dog sing and dance with life like movements. Fortunately, the package comes with a rechargeable battery, so I don’t have to buy one.
6. Zoomer Playful Pup Robotic Dog
The Zoomer Playful Pup is one of the robot dogs that I love on this list. This Zoomer robot dog can do adorable tricks with sound and touch motions.
My 5-year-old child loves to give belly rubs and cuddles to this Zoomer robot dog because it gives a cute bark. What’s amazing is that the interactive puppy can come to you once you give it a unique name. My niece named hers Sally, and she was so ecstatic to see the robot puppy come to her when she called her name.
I like the voice recognition technology of the robot dog Zoomer because you can teach new tricks through voice commands. My niece was able to teach the robot puppy how to shake a paw, play dead, and take a bow. Don’t forget to speak directly into the microphone so that Zoomer can respond to the commands.
I’m glad that the Zoomer robot dog comes with a USB charging cable so I don’t have to buy batteries often. It’s well constructed, and there are no small parts to worry about. The good thing is that the robot dog works on carpets.
7. BIRANCO Smart Puppy
I got this remote controlled robot dog from BIRANCO as a gift to my niece, and she loved it because it looks pretty and very entertaining to use. This updated BIRANCO model acts like a real pet because it can run forward, sit down, and so much more.
The BIRANCO Smart Puppy has built-in sensors in its eyes, so it can respond quickly to any command gestures. Move your hand forward or backward, and the robot dog will follow. I like the remote control because it makes it easy to let the dog walk, slide, and do other stuff that dogs do.
Like all other toy robotic dogs, the BIRANCO puppy can dance. It can even avoid obstacles ahead under the adventure mode. Best of all, the interactive robot puppy can be programmed with up to 30 actions, making it an excellent STEM program for kids.
I have no difficulties when it comes to charging. The package includes a USB charging port, so no need to break into the battery compartment. Just make sure to put the chip upward to charge properly.
8. DEERC Remote Control Dog Robot
The DEERC Dog Robot Toy is another cute pet dog that can accompany your kids. This interactive puppy is highly intelligent as it can do a maximum of 50 actions as you please.
I got this cute little dog in Walmart, and I didn’t know that it was so smart that it has built-in sensors to avoid any obstacles when it runs. Similar to a real pet dog, you can teach this robot some new tricks. This DEERC model can act cute, slide, and even bark.
I like the flexible waist because it allows the robotic dog to move smoothly. When I’m bored, I like to press the head because it makes some cute actions. More importantly, charging is quick and convenient because it includes a USB charger and a rechargeable battery.
Out of all the robot pet dogs that I’ve seen, DEERC is the only one that can play musical instruments. My child likes to dance with the robot dog, which I always enjoy watching. The battery life seems long because a 2-hour charge can last up to three hours of operation.
9. Fisca Robotic Stunt Dog
This robot dog from Fisca is another entertaining friend that you can introduce to your kids. The Fisca Robotic Stunt Dog can do a lot of tricks, including dance, handstand, and crouch.
When my old Westminster robot dog got damaged, I replaced it with this Fisca stunt dog, and my kids really enjoyed it. This dog robot can respond to voice commands by pressing the voice control function on the remote control. My 6-year old loves to command the Fisca dog to say hello because it sounds cute.
I think this stunt dog makes a good company for older kids because it interacts cutely. When you touch its chin, it makes adorable sounds and moves. The kids also enjoy setting different programs to make the robot dog do several tricks.
When I held the robot dog, I was impressed with its smooth plastic surface. I felt rest assured that my kids wouldn’t get hurt when playing with the robot dog. Additionally, I like that the battery is rechargeable, so I don’t have to purchase batteries frequently.
10. Marsjoy Husky Robot Dog
Marsjoy is one of the softest robot dogs on this list. This one is made of premium plush and fillers to feel like a real pet.
The husky robot dog was such a delight to my 5-year-old child because it makes cute movements. This model can do eight various actions, like handstand and push-up, when you touch it or clap. Thankfully, the sensor is sensitive enough to pick up all the gestures.
What I like best is its volume adjustment. Most similar models don’t have this feature, so I was happy that I could moderate the volume to a comfortable level. It’s an effective way to introduce a dog to my child so she won’t be scared of barks.
According to the manufacturer, all materials are toxic-free, so I feel relieved when my child plays with them. The size is just right for my child to handle. Also, I like the fact that the dog looks almost similar to a real dog with its plush exterior.
11. Power Your Fun Robot Dog
If your child likes robot pets that can dance, the Power Your Fun Robo Pets Robot Dog is a nice option. This robot dog is so fun to watch because it can dance, lie down, and navigate the room by itself.
Like other smart robot pets, this model can do a series of moves with simple hand gestures. It can even walk around a room on its own under the Adventure Mode. My favorite is the Treat Mode because it teaches kids to train the robot dog by giving it interactive treats.
This robot puppy is easy to use because it includes a cute remote control. My child likes to use the remote to let the robo puppy slide, walk, and do other dog tricks. Our favorite is the dance function because the robot dog looks so adorable with its flexible joints and large puppy eyes.
Compared to other robot dog models, Power Your Fun is a bit bigger. It has beautiful round edges and a shiny surface. The robot dog uses a rechargeable battery, so you save money on buying batteries constantly.
12. Okk Remote Control Puppy Robot
The okk puppy robot is one of the cutest robot dog toys on this list. This little robot dog can do various actions while playing music. You have two options to operate this puppy robot — press the neck or use the remote control.
My 8-year-old loves this little puppy robot because it dances, sings, and walks. I appreciate the volume control feature because my niece doesn’t like toys that are too loud. Best of all, the smart dog robot is BPA-free, meaning that it’s safe to use for kids.
It’s a big plus that the package comes with two items of rechargeable batteries because I can take turns in using them. When one battery gets drained, I can swap it to the fully charged one for endless use. Plus, it comes with a USB charging cable to make it convenient to charge.
Like other intelligent robot pets in this list, the okk puppy model can be activated with voice commands to do several tricks, like handstand and sit-down. This puppy robot is also quite interactive because it responds to human touch. When you touch its chin, it makes a cute movement.
What to Look for When Buying Robot Dog Toy
With so many robot dog toys available out there, it’s difficult to pick just one. Here are some things that you need to consider when shopping for the best robot dog friend for your kids.
Material And Design
Your top priority should be the safety of your kids, so ensure that you pay attention to the material and design. The best robot dog for kids should be free of chemicals and sharp corners. There shouldn’t be any small parts that can be a choking hazard for your precious child.
Robot dog toys made of fabric should be marked as flame retardant or flame resistant. Hard plastic should be free of BPA. Paint on any robot dogs should be lead-free.
Since robot dog toys are designed to mimic the behavior of a real canine friend, make sure to find a model that offers different sensor levels for great ease of use. The best robot pup toys have sensors that can respond to the gestures and voices of users. They can respond quickly to simple gestures, like clap and touch.
Most robot dogs can wag their tail or make some cute sounds when touched under the chin. If you want to use voice commands to let the robotic pet do some stunts, look for a voice recognition sensor. Sensors are also essential in keeping the toy from bumping into objects when walking.
Most robot dog toys are battery-operated, so it’s only practical that you find one that offers the most convenience. Robot dogs should be easy to charge and offer a long battery life.
If you want to save on buying batteries constantly, look for rechargeable batteries. The discharge rate might be faster than standard C batteries, but they’re cost-effective because they can be used over and over again. In most cases, manufacturers give a free rechargeable battery in the package.
Remote controllers usually don’t get free batteries, so you have to buy your own. They either use AAA or AA batteries. If you like a consistent flow of power, choose alkaline batteries.
Now, it’s important that you choose robot dog toys that fit your child’s age. Some robot models are made to develop the early programming potential for toddlers, which may not be exciting for older kids. Besides the actual age, consider the developmental level of your child.
If you want your kids to gain a little pet training responsibility, look for robot dog toys with a programmable function. This type of feature allows your child to teach the robotic dog to learn new tricks. The best robot models allow you to program more than 30 tricks.
Volume control is also much desired if your child is sensitive to sound. Sometimes, the dog’s bark can be scary, so make sure that you can tone the volume down for a better user experience. If you want more fun, look for robotic dogs that can sing and dance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best robot dog toy brands?
Fisca is one of the best brands of robot dogs out there. This brand is known to make intelligent robot dogs that can do a lot of tricks. I appreciate that it uses rechargeable batteries to save money on battery costs, plus the dogs come with power-saving modes to extend the battery life.
JOY FOR ALL makes one of the finest robot dogs because of their life like features. The robot puppy feels so alive that it demonstrates a thumping heartbeat. Another good contender is WEofferwhatYOUwant, which makes the best playing robot dogs, like the Harry model.
2. Why do you need a robot dog toy?
A robot dog is very convenient to teach your child to have the responsibility to raise a pet. You don’t need to secure an adoption certificate to get one, so it’s virtually hassle-free. These things are pretty low-maintenance because you don’t need to feed or bathe them like an actual pet.
Since these robot dogs act similar to real puppies, they can be a good source of entertainment. Some robot dogs can sing, dance, and do some crazy stunts, like handstands. Others can even play musical instruments and make adorable sounds.
Older kids can also benefit from a chip robot dog. They can learn some programming skills by teaching the toy some new tricks. Robot dog toys can also make a good companion for adults because they can ease the loneliness of a solitary life.
3. How much does a robot dog cost?
The price of robot dogs varies, but the price range usually goes between $20 to a couple of hundred or more. In this list, the cheapest model is the SELIEVE STEM DIY robot dog, which only costs around $20.99 on Amazon. The most expensive on the list is the JOY FOR ALL Golden Pup at $129.99.
4. Why is Aibo robot dog toy so expensive?
Sony’s Aibo robot dog toy is very expensive because it uses expensive hardware. This robotic dog is equipped with three touch sensors (one under the chin and the other two on the back and head) to interact with its surroundings effectively. Not to mention you get other stuff, including an AI Cloud Service, charging station, and a herd of toys.
5. Can I buy a robot dog? Where?
Yes, you can purchase a robot dog. Unlike real pets, you don’t need an adoption certificate to get one. You can buy these dog toys in department stores and online stores, like Amazon.
6. How to clean and care?
Before cleaning the plush robot dogs, take out the batteries in the compartment. Next, make a mixture of laundry detergent in a bowl filled with warm water. Get a washcloth and dip it into the soapy mixture, then gently scrub the body.
After scrubbing, rub the surface with a dampened cloth to remove any soapy residue, then air dry. If your toy has a bad smell, sprinkle it with some baking soda or a vinegar solution. Leave the odor-removing solution for several hours, then vacuum to remove the odor and baking soda.
For hard plastic robot dog toys, sanitize the surface with disinfectant wipes or bleach. You can remove the grime with a cloth dampened in soapy water, paying attention to buttons and sticky spots. Once everything is clean, rinse with another cloth and air dry.
Truly, getting a robot dog offers many benefits to kids and anyone who’s a child at heart. All the robot dogs that I recommended above are incredibly impressive, but my favorite is the Fisca Intelligent Robot Dog Toy. Fisca earns my trust as the best robot dog toy because it’s interactive and programmable to do a lot of tricks.
For more mature kids, I recommend the JOY FOR ALL Companion Pet Golden Pup. This canine robot toy is one of the best robot dogs out there with its thumping heartbeat and life-like movements. If you want to have a robot dog with the best voice recognition technology, the Zoomer Playful Pup stands out.
- 🐕Remote control robot dog toys. Toddler can use the remote to slowly become familiar with its functions without having to read the manual. The aibo...
- 🐕The smart aibo robotic dog can act like a real dog. Such as walking, barking, patrolling, spoiling, imitating animals’sounds, dancing, singing...
- 🐕Adjust the volume by remote if you find robot puppy a little loud. With a volume control, don’t worry about the robot dogs bothering anyone or...
- 🐕Robot dogs toy has a long-lasting rechargeable battery (Included). One full charge takes about 2 hours, after that the aibo robot dog can play for...
- 🐕Your toddlers can play it alone and enjoy with it. Smart aibo robot dogs can perform more than 10 interesting functions by your command. The robo...
- 【SMART INTERACTIVE ROBOT DOG】The robotic puppy toy will attract your attention like a real dog. if you haven't chosen any function after turn on,...
- 【INTELLIGENT PROGRAMMABLE TOY】: You can program the Robot dog to perform according to your demands and then it will play back your demand like...
- 【UPGRADE STUNT DOG TOY】 Press the command button of the controller, The smart robot dog will make many stunt actions such as sit down, push up,...
- 【DANCING & SING ROBOT DOG】The robot dog has learned 3 different songs and dances. when you choose the dance mode, the puppy will dance with a...
- 【WARNING TIPS】The robot dog is powered by a rechargeable battery, the battery should be taken out and then charged. We suggest an adult be...
- Cute & Smart Puppy: Lovely appearance, intelligent toy, voice control, touch response, sing songs and dance, tell stories - Play with me to discover...
- Interactive Dialogues: Speech recognition, this dog toy is very interesting, it can use different dialogues talking with you. As a smart robot, it can...
- Vivid Movement: These talking toys not only can walk and dance freely, but also shake their heads, blink their eyes, open their mouths, and wag their...
- Easy Charging: Built in 3.7 V lithium-ion battery, charging directly through USB, charge quickly, it is simple and easy.
- Safety & High Quality: Made of child-friendly ABS plastic, safe, nontoxic and environmental for kids 3+ years old. If you are not absolutely satisfied...
- 🎁🎁Voice Control & Remote Control: You may operate the Aokid robot dog and let it do different actions by using the remote control. You may give...
- 🎁🎁Various Actions & Imitation: The Aokid robot dog can imitate 10 different animals' forms, just press the "IMITATE" button, this little puppy...
- 🎁🎁Smart Robot Dog: Aokid robot dog is an intelligent and highly emulational puppy toy. The puppy's feet are in spherical, it makes you feel the...
- 🎁🎁Advanced Programming Educational Toy Dog: Aokid robot dog is programmable, you can program the actions as you like to train this robot puppy....
- 🎁🎁Specifications: Aokid robot dog made from food grade plastic which is completely safe for for kids. Inbuilt with a 7.4v 600Mah rechargeable...
- INTERACTIVE - This adorable, battery-operated stuffed dog can do it all—it can walk forward, moves it mouth as it barks and does back flips! Just...
- HYPOALLERGENIC - The puppy’s soft synthetic fur provides a hypoallergenic companion for your child that safe to snuggle, entertaining and never...
- PLAY ON ANY SURFACE - Watch this adorable dog walk, bark and flip for their master on carpet, tile, wood flooring or linoleum. Their legs may need...
- HOURS OF FUN - Your little one will spend hours enjoying this fun and engaging toy! This interactive plush puppy promotes pretend playing and will...
- PRODUCT DETAILS - Materials: Synthetic Fur and Plastic. Dimensions: (L) 4” x (W) 6.5” x (H) 6.5.” For Ages 3 and up. Requires 2AA Batteries (Not...
- Manual Driving & Smart Interaction: Remote control Owl Robot via app to cruise at home and track pets for a fun hide and seek game. Automatically...
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: 1080p Full HD Pet Camera with 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your pet clearly day and night, save...
- Treat Tossing & 2-way Audio: You can make Owl Robot moves and leaves a snack route to lure your curious pet. While it is naughty or anxious, you can...
- PIR Detection & TF Recording: Owl Robot will automatically react by be tounched and detects pet behavior. And video can also be recorded automatically...
- More details: Daily frequency use 8 hours. Two connection modes make the use more friendly. Even if your phone doesn't have a network, you can still...
- A very cute and very intelligent dog! A new companion for hours of play!
- A toy that can be controlled in all directions thanks to its remote control and its sensors!
- Tactile, it reacts to the caresses on his head and starts dancing!
- CABRIOLS AND PIROUETTES! It can sit, lie down, sit up and beg, say hello, play bad, do push-ups and many more tricks!
- Lots of sound and light effects: its eyes light up with LED lights and make her look very endearing! Light effects on her necklace!
- Ideal Holiday Gifts Guide - This remote control robot dog is awesome gifts for kids boys girls toddlers age 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12+ year old as...
- Super Interactive and Programmable Robot - Contixo smart robot dog can do so many cool tricks to keep your child entertained and has lots of...
- Enjoy More Fun with Remote Control&Voice Control-: Contixo robot dog bulit-in more than 7 voice instrutions. It can act according to voice commands...
- Intelligent Early Education Smart Robot Dog - The intelligent robot has solid quality, superb craftsmanship, and a cute look. With such incredible...
- Reliable Contixo Focused on Toy for Kids - Contixo robot puppy is definitely a perfect robot pet without the mess and responsibility of a real pet....
- FRECKLED PUP: Meet the newest addition to the Joy for All collection! With the same great innovative features that you have come to love from our line...
- REALISTIC PUPPY SOUNDS AND MOTIONS: Our revolutionary BARKBACK technology and touch-responsive movements give our Freckled Pup an authentic feel of a...
- LIFELIKE TOUCH: Soft, pettable fur inspired by real dog breeds, cutting-edge built-in sensors, and "heartbeat" give our companion pet pup lifelike...
- COMFORTING COMPANION: Bring comfort, companionship, and fun to aging loved ones! Hassle-free pet care and state-of-the-art technology make for a rich...
- AGELESS INNOVATION: A global company devoted to developing fun and engaging products for older adults. Beginning with the award-winning line of Joy...
- Moji responds to your touch and voice, over 150 sounds & reactions
- Moji does 10 different tricks when you ask, like Sit, Shake and High Five
- Moji magically interacts with his rope and food bowl
- An animated emoji collar shows you what Moji is thinking and needs
- Includes 20 nurturing cards that can be used with Moji’s color to give extra care