Babies at two months are still not that coordinated to play with toys, but they can already catch sounds and track colorful objects. When you’re planning to get a toy for your little one, you can consider toys that are both educational and fun. Get them something that can help your baby develop their skills.
I know how daunting it is to choose the best toys for a 2-month-old baby, so I’ll make it easier for you. I have compiled 12 of the best toys for two-month-old babies and highlighted each product’s pros and cons. If you opt to look for another brand, you can always refer to my buying guide below.
Best Toy for 2-Month-Old Baby Reviews
1. Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
This Lamaze toy is one of the best gifts for a 2-month-old baby because it helps develop your baby’s sensory skills. This toy is designed with many shapes, textures, and sounds.
Lamaze has always been known for its vibrant colors, and Freddie is no exception. Besides the bright colors, there are black and white ones to draw the full attention of your baby. For me, the peek-a-boo mirror stands out because I caught my baby looking at it for a long time.
Interestingly, the entire toy crinkles and plays a fun jingle to keep my little one entertained. He likes to grab on the wings because they’re pretty large and make a nice crinkly noise. Best of all, the teether is comfortable to gnaw and well-inserted in one of the wing pockets.
It’s convenient that there’s a large clip on top of the toy’s head because it makes it easy to hook on car seats and strollers. I believed that the toy is free of BPA and phthalates, so gnawing on it is quite safe. Surface cleaning is advised, but I’ve tried washing it in the machine under a delicate cycle, and the toy is still in excellent condition.
2. BeeSpring Hanging Rattles Spiral Toy
When talking about perfect presents for a 2-month-old baby on the go, the BeeSpring Spiral Toy might be an excellent choice. This spiral toy clasps on the stroller or car seat for a peaceful ride.
I like the hanging rattles because they’re attractive and easy to grab for muscle development. Each hanging rattle is designed with a different color pattern, so there’s a variety for endless entertainment. My little one can’t stop himself from grabbing on the rattles the entire ride, which is a miracle.
Besides being visually pleasing, this spiral toy is audibly captivating. I believed that the bird squeaks and the hippo rattles, thanks to its hard pieces inside. The rattles don’t hang low, so I feel rest assured that they don’t hit my baby’s face.
Any baby will love this toy because it’s made with bright colors and a satiny fabric. The material is non-toxic, so it’s safe for babies to play. More importantly, this toy is easy to hang around on the car seat and takedown for storage.
3. Baby Einstein 4-In-1 Kickin’ Tunes Music Gym
Turn your baby into a musical genius with this music and language discovery gym from Baby Einstein. This gym is one of the best developmental toys for 2 month old because it’s complete with all multi-sensory toys, as well as a prop pillow and a piano.
I really love the versatility of this activity play gym set because my baby can use it while sitting, lying, and during tummy time. My baby loves it when his feet touch the piano because it plays more than 25 minutes of music and 70 sounds. Best of all, the piano toy is removable, so we always take this along in our travels.
Another feature that I love is the prop pillow because it’s very useful during tummy time. My little boy loves to lay on top of it while playing the piano and other sensory toys, like the triangle rattle and flashcards. He’s fixated on the mirror; perhaps he loves watching his reflection.
I find this activity gym very interesting because it plays three languages at once, from English to Spanish and French. Thankfully, you can skip on the other two languages if you hit another button. More than that, the mat can be put in the washing machine for hassle-free cleaning.
4. The First Years First Rattle
This rattle toy from The First Years also works as a comfortable teether for your newborn. It’s one of the best 2 month old toys that you can get for your baby because it’s easy to grip, multi-textured, and cute.
I love the shape of the toy’s hands because they’re round and easy to hold. The patterns are high-contrast, so the toy catches the attention of my little one easily. When my little boy shook the toy, he gave a loud giggle when it made a sound.
The sound isn’t too loud, which is good because my baby is sensitive to noise. I think the loudness is just enough to catch his attention. As for the material, I’m pleased that it’s soft because he bangs his head on the toy sometimes.
The surfaces are soft that my baby likes to gnaw on the round hands as he tries to fall asleep. Since this toy doesn’t have plastic parts, I can say that it’s safe even when he puts the toy in his mouth. Best of all, it’s easy to clean with a damp cloth or in the washing machine under the gentle cycle.
5. Infantino Spiral Activity Toy
Another spiral activity toy that caught my fancy was Infantino, which features four hanging toys to offer excellent interaction and fun. This thing is one of the most active toys for two month old because it’s great to develop your baby’s gross motor skills with each grabbing motion.
I got this spiral activity toy for my little son to enjoy his car ride since he’s a crybaby. I’m impressed by how easy it is to attach to the car seat and the stroller. Since he’s in the teething phase, he likes to chew at the toys and keeps him preoccupied.
Thankfully, the toy’s plastic components are BPA-free, so they’re safe to chew on. I believe that the fabric is made of cotton, so it’s soft to touch and chew on. This toy can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth, so cleaning can be a breeze.
All four hanging toys have unique features to keep your baby captivated. The bee, rings, and two-sided pig & cow create different sounds, so they’re the favorites of my little one to grab. The bee makes a soft crinkle while the two-sided toy rattles.
6. Blige SMTF Animal Socks Toys Wrist Rattles
Develop your child’s sensory skills with these wrist rattles and foot finders decorated with animal toys. More particularly, the items are designed with ladybugs and butterflies in an assortment of colors.
I like that the wrist and foot rattles are colorful because they effectively grab my baby’s attention. You have black and white socks and high-contrast animal soft toys to provide a visual feast to any baby’s eyes. The animal toys are sewn very securely, so they don’t fall off no matter how my child grabs them.
My baby seems to enjoy touching the toys because they’re soft and cute. When he puts the wristlets and socks on, he keeps on kicking and waving his arms, so I think these toys can help enhance his strength. The animal toys create a faint sound, so he loves reaching and playing with them.
As I’ve said, the animal toys are soft, so I don’t feel worried if he bumps his head into one of them. They’re safe to put in the mouth because the toys are made of textile. I do hand wash them, but you can put them in the washer under a delicate cycle for hassle-free cleaning.
7. Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick n’ Play Piano Gym
Fisher-Price also offers a good piano gym that your baby can explore and take along anywhere. Besides the piano, this little gym includes a mirror, teether, rattle, and clackers for endless learning.
I appreciate the packaging because it’s easy to open and recyclable, making it one of the most sustainable presents for 2 month old baby. According to the box, this piano gym is suitable for babies 0-36 months, so my 2-month old can continue using this up to 2 years old. Whether he’s sitting, lying, or on his tummy, my little one can use this gym no matter how he likes.
My favorite is the mat because it’s soft and designed with lively colors and animals. The most important thing is that the mat is machine washable, so cleaning is a breeze. When my baby is on his tummy, he always gazes and touches the mat’s pictures.
The toy is very interactive because it contains many sensory toys, such as a mirror and a lion rattle. It’s very impressive that the toy adopts Smart Stages technology, which features various learnings for every level. Right now, he’s at level 1, where he listens to 20 minutes of music, sounds, and lights.
8. VTech Tummy Time Discovery Pillow
Make your baby’s tummy time more fun and comfortable with VTech Discovery Pillow. Along with a take-along piano, this pillow features different textures, colors, and hanging toys to stimulate your child’s sensory skills.
My 2-month old loves the cute piano because it lights up and plays different types of music. I believe that the piano plays more than 50 tunes of songs, melodies, and some phrases. Impressively, there are two volume options to choose which volume suits best for my sensitive boy.
It’s a big plus that the package comes with batteries because it means no additional cost. The pillow itself is soft, which is why my baby enjoys his tummy time already. The size is just perfect for a 2-month old because it hugs right on the waist comfortably.
Besides giving comfort, the animal pillow makes adorable sounds when touched at certain places. For example, the tail squeaks, and the ears give a soft crinkle sound when pinched. As I’ve observed, my baby likes to look in the mirror to watch his image.
9. Bright Starts OBall Flex ‘n Go Activity Toy
Another way to keep your babies preoccupied is to get them this activity arch take-along toy which comes with removable toys and linky loops. This toy attaches to the stroller for a fun time at home or outside.
I like that this toy can be attached to almost anything, from car seats to shopping carts and cribs. The ends of the arch have clamps that attach to any material securely. Once set up, my baby always gets amazed by the hanging toys above.
The package comes with three hanging toys- a round rattle, ball, and a monkey with ring clackers. Thankfully, the toys are easy to reach, so my little one touches each toy with so much fun. I think he likes to shake the monkey because it gives a faint click-clacking sound.
The bar itself is pretty impressive because it’s flexible and durable. I love the bold colors because they’re very attractive, especially to my baby’s eyes. My favorite is the button that allows me to change the bar’s angle and position because it’s easy to put the toys into my baby’s view.
10. iPlay iLearn 4 Plush Baby Soft Rattle Set
The iPlay iLearn Rattle Set is one of the best 2 month old baby toys that you can gift to any occasion. This rattle set comprises four plush animal toys to bring endless joy to newborn babies.
What I love about these soft toys is the impeccable embroidery which signifies high-quality. They’re easy to clean since these toys are made of fabric. I like to put these cuties in the washer for a quick cleanup and sometimes by hand for meticulous cleaning.
Ever since I got my baby this plush rattle set, he never gets tired of sleeping with them. He loves the farm animal designs and the squeaky sounds they make. The best part is these toys are lightweight, so they’re easy to carry anywhere.
For a soft toy, I’m astonished at how it can hold up with all the squeezing and grabbing from my little one. The outside looks durable because the seams are still intact after all the pulling. It’s a big plus that the toys are soft because I don’t have to worry when my baby accidentally hits his head on one of these plushies.
11. Tapiona Large Baby Play Gym
Let your babies explore all their senses with Tapiona Play Gym, which features a piano, cushion, and activity toy. When playing all these things, your child can improve many skills, from fine motor to cognitive.
Like all other play gyms, this Tapiona one allows my baby to use the toy in whatever position. He likes to lie on it because the playmat is extra-cushiony. While grabbing the hanging toys, he likes to kick his feet because it hits the piano and plays different melodies.
Fortunately, some of the hanging toys are soft, so they won’t hurt my baby’s face once they fall off. My little boy is always excited to play with the gym because there are so many things to explore. He’s got a little bird rattle, a soft heart-shaped plush, moon, and star.
Our favorite is the flashing moon because it lights up to change color. Besides that, there’s a little pillow to cushion his head when he’s lying down. For the price, this offers great value with all the interesting things that can keep my baby entertained.
12. Sassy My First Bend & Flex Rattle Set
My First Bend & Flex Rattle Set from Sassy is one of the simplest gifts for 2 month old baby boy and girl. This rattle set comes with two pieces of rattles to improve the sound location skills and grasping ability of your baby.
I like that these rattles are teething-friendly because they’re made of silicone coverings. The colors are a combination of high-contrast colors and black and white, which is very eye-catching.
More importantly, these toys have rings that are easy to grasp, so they never fell off my baby’s little hands while playing.
These rattles seem to be made of a flexible and durable material because they’re still in good condition after being abused many times. As for the sound quality, I find it perfect for my baby’s sensitive ears because it’s gentle. Additionally, cleaning is a breeze since these rattles are dishwasher-safe.
Can 2 Month Old Play With Toys
Two-month-old babies might lack play coordination with toys, but they get easily attracted to any object hanging in front of them. At this age, babies learn to control their extremities and have greater hand-eye coordination, so provide them toys that stimulate them to reach, grasp, and swipe.
Tummy time seems to be significant for a 2-month-old, so get them toys with a pillow to make tummy time more enjoyable. Many newborns at this age like to reach their feet and hands, so try giving them foot finders and rattles in high-contrast colors. Give them any bright object that hangs above their face to motivate them to lift their heads and improve neck strength.
What to Look for When Buying Toys for 2-Month-Old Baby
Choosing an appropriate toy for your two-month-old can be daunting, especially with the many toys available on the market today. To make your shopping hassle-free, here are some important things to consider.
- Age Recommendation Label: Look for a toy that’s suitable for your baby’s age, so it can meet your baby’s needs and interests. Make sure that the recommended age is at least two months old. You may also choose toys that your baby can use for many years, like a piano.
- Safety: The best toys for infants are those that won’t pose a threat to your baby’s health and safety. Look for safe materials, such as fabric and food-grade silicone. When it’s made of plastic, make sure that it’s free of phthalates and BPA. Also, avoid small items that can be a choking hazard for your little one.
- Colors And Sounds: At two months, babies can only determine black and white colors and start to pick up with high-contrast colors. Squeaky toys are so much fun with this age group because they like to locate these sounds. To groom your child into a music genius, try looking for a piano that plays different tunes.
What Kind of Toys Should a 2 Month Old Have
Give your 2-month-old any colorful object with black and white designs to get their attention. Activity mats, which come with many hanging toys are also good for this age. At this point, your baby’s hearing is developing, so get them something that plays music or makes sounds.
What to Get a 2 Month Old for Christmas
Anything age-appropriate for two months old is a perfect gift for Christmas, like teethers and rattles. As a godparent, I like to give toys that the baby can grow together. I gifted a play gym, which is one of the best toys for a 2-month-old baby UK at that time.
How Can I Entertain My 2-Month-Old Baby
At this age, babies are more curious, so they spend more time restless. Besides giving them toys, try talking to them and respond to their vocal expressions. You can also clap your baby’s hands together or move their legs as if they’re riding a bicycle.
Looking for the best toys for a 2-month-old baby is surely grueling with all the options available. I hope I have made things less confusing in your next toy shopping with my reviews above. My favorite pick is Freddie The Firely from Lamaze because of its versatility and vibrant design, while BeeSpring Spiral Toy is a good alternative for travel.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Supreme quality and attention to detail Is our goal this water splash pad play mat is constructed from heavy duty pvc that has been thoroughly tested...
- Stimulates baby development the splashin'kids water fill playmat is an essential tool for developing solid head, neck and shoulder muscles as well as...
- Stunning eye catching graphics watch as your infant enters our fish tank wonderland wide eyed and fascinated by the bright colors sharp contrasts and...
- A cinch to set up simply fill the outer ring with air and the inner mat with your desired level of tap water set it on the floor and let the fun begin...
- Product specifications for ages 3 months and up with a large roomy play size area designed to keep your baby boy or girl's interest riveted product...
- Motor Skill Development: This giraffe tummy time toy provides comfortable support for your baby; a key component to the development of important motor...
- Mobility and Coordination: Support your baby while they are learning to move on their own; with 50+ songs, melodies, & phrases, playing with this...
- Take-Along Play: The giraffe baby toy features removable pieces including the rattle and piano; easily fit it into a diaper bag for compact,...
- Interactive Features: The light-up piano keys introduce colors & objects while short musical tunes play, developing fine motor skills and providing...
- Perfect for Ages 0-24 months: Use the tummy time giraffe toy to encourage head balance & sitting up; includes a washable surface; requires 3 AAA...
- 【Safe and Durable Materials】All 10 toys in our set are made from non-toxic materials, have smooth edges & are burr-free. They're strong enough to...
- 【Various Shapes and Sizes】At 3 months of age, babies use their hands to explore and engage with their surroundings. Our rattles are designed with...
- 【Several Sounds and Colors】This 10-piece rattle set provides a diverse range of sounds that help babies develop auditory awareness. As babies...
- 【Great Variety of Textures】Infants typically start teething at around 6 months of age, and having teethers on hand is a lifesaver. Our baby toys...
- 【Worry-Free Customer Care】Looking for baby shower gifts or newborn baby christmas gifts idea? Our baby rattle teethers make an adorable gift set...
- Have a ball with this easy-to-grab toy
- Made with 32 finger holes for little hands to hold
- Flexible patented design is soft and inviting for baby
- Toy for newborn and up. you'll want to play too!
- 2 mini flexible, teethable Oballs are easy to hold
- Colorful rattle beads create fun sounds to entertain and delight baby
- Textured rattle is clear so baby can see the colorful beads. BPA Free
- Wipe clean with damp cloth and mild soap. Do not immerse in water
- 2 mini flexible, teethable Oballs are easy to hold
- BABY TEETHING TOY MADE FOR LITTLE HANDS: The Winkel features a mesmerizing maze of soft, continuous BPA-free teething tubes, and can be refrigerated...
- DEVELOPMENTAL BABY TOY: Babies are instantly drawn to this colorful and lightweight infant toy. The Winkel promotes clutching and two-handed play...
- TIME-HONORED CLASSIC: With over 25 years engaging babies and soothing even the fussiest of teethers, the Winkel is a perfect shower gift for new...
- BABY TOY FOR NEWBORNS AND UP: Safety rated for newborns and up, the Winkel measures 5" x 4" x 3.5" and easily tucks into the diaper bag when baby is...
- STANDING BY OUR BRAND: If you're reading this, you've found a safe toy from a real company and a brand that cares. Since 1978, Manhattan Toy has been...
- CUDDLY FISH FRIEND: The Melissa & Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy is a squeaking, crinkling, and multi-textured soft toy with bold facial features, bright...
- EASY TO CLEAN: This infant developmental toy is made from washable fabrics in a variety of textures and colors, which makes cleanup simple and...
- PROMOTES MULTIPLE DEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS: The Melissa & Doug baby flip fish helps infants develop multiple skills. The squeaker tail encourages grasping...
- GREAT GIFT FOR BABIES: This flip fish toy makes a great gift for babies. Add the Melissa & Doug K's Kids Soft Baby Activity Books to round out the...
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and...
- Set of 2 newborn rattle toy maracas for little music-makers
- Sized just right for little hands to grasp and shake, helping to strengthen baby's gross motor skills
- Colorful beads make fun rattle sounds to engage and delight baby's senses
- Soft, colorful pom-poms
- For babies from birth and up
- A best selling favorite with thousands of 5 star ratings
- Inspires a lifelong love of music. No Assembly Required
- Baby can switch between 10 total melodies
- Perfectly sized for ages 3 to 36 months
- Volume control is music to mom and dad’s ears
- 🏈WHAT'S INCLUDED: Plush Creations brings you a new plush rattle toy, "Baby Football Rattle". Our beautifully designed plush football comes with a...
- 🏈DESIGN: This Plush Football Rattle is perfect for your little football star. The realistic football design allows the baby to start practice...
- 🏈IDEAL GIFT: Designer look and quality makes this rattle a unique gift for baby showers, unisex newborn , or mom's theme nursery decor. Our soft...
- 🏈QUALITY: All of the products at Plush Creations are made from the softest and highest quality non-toxic materials available in the industry! This...
- 🏈MISSION: Plush Creations sells plush toys for preschool aged children. Our purpose is to provide high quality interactive and educational plush...
- 🎶MUSICAL TOYS FOR SOOTHING. Caterpillar Plush Toy, as an outstanding daily life friend for baby, appeals to babies with music built inside the...
- 📏SPECIAL RULER DESIGN. Available in ruler design that the data is displayed as centimeter or feet, the Musical caterpillar will help you keep track...
- 🎊PROMOTION OF VISION. AUDITORY SKILL & TACTILE SENSOR. Designed for growing baby, this infant educational toy offers the opportunity for your kid...
- 🎁VERSATILITY. Made to be versatile for baby and parents, all features of above are perfectly for baby aged 36 months soothing and playing, crib,...
- 👶HEALTHY GROWTH for BABY: These functions will be able to fully attract the attention of the baby, enhance the strength of hand and wrist...