If you are having trouble choosing a toy for a kid who has a developmental disorder, imagine buying the best toys for 3-year-olds with autism. Children and toddlers on the autism spectrum require toys that cater to their needs beyond just a fun toy.
You might think that they need something fancy or special, but it is not that. You should focus on two things when looking for the best toys for autistic 3-year-olds; it should be fun and developmentally appropriate.
It could be a real challenge but don’t think that it is impossible. We have product reviews and a buying guide that you can check. This will no doubt help you make an important decision. So, read on and learn more about buying the best toys for your child.
Top Picks Toy for 3 Year Old with Autism
1. ZaxiDeel BENEWY Fidget Pop Tube
If you are looking for toys for autistic children aged 3, there are many options available in the market. Fidget tubes are famous and one of the most common toys that you can find. And I think this multi-color pop tube from ZaxiDeel can be a perfect choice.
Take a look at this bendable pipe sensory toy that you can pull, snap, and pop. It is a great fidget toy that offers many fun play possibilities. With a simple-looking tube in different colors, kids and even adults can benefit from the sensory stimulation.
Furthermore, this toy stimulates the tactile and auditory senses. The tube creates a popping sound and can curve into any shape. It’s a great toy to be used for the physical and occupational therapy of kids with ADD and ADHD.
The package comes with six tubes of different colors (yellow, pink, blue, red, orange, and green). The ends are designed to be attached, creating a long tube to bend into different shapes for more creative play. Moreover, it comes with three blank greeting cards making it ideal for gifting.
This toy is very lightweight at only 0.4 pounds and small enough to fit in children’s tiny hands. It is portable; you can bring it anywhere and have fun with it. Besides, it is made of durable materials. You can expect it to endure long hours of snapping, bending, pulling, and popping.
2. IMPRESA Stress Relief Balls
There are many calming toys for autism in the market, and choosing one best is a challenge. Start looking for what interests your child and begin there. It’s a good idea to check out these squishy stress relief balls from Impresa.
Consider this squishy toy that children will surely find interesting and fun. You can stretch, pull, smoosh, squeeze, and watch it bounce as you toss it. There are many play opportunities for this stress relief ball set.
Children with autism, high anxiety levels, OCD, and ADD/ADHD will find this toy helpful. Even adults will find relief as these stress balls promote a sense of calm, reduce stress, and increase focus and attention.
You can rest assured that this is entirely safe for kids to use. In detail, it is made of 100% high-quality thermoplastic rubber that is non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Besides, it is free of phthalates, latex, and BPAs.
Furthermore, these stress balls are durable and strong. It is highly tear-resistant and won’t break open. This is made possible with the use of production methods resulting in a stretchable and pliable stress ball. These will put you at ease knowing that you can use this toy for a long time.
When it comes to caring and cleaning, there are simple and easy instructions included in the package. After frequent use, you can wash it with warm water and dish soap. Then, air dry and apply a small amount of baby powder. It is uncomplicated, and you’ll get it as good as new after cleaning.
3. Fi-gent LE Sensory Fidget Toys Bundle
What types of activities does your little one prefer? If they don’t have anything specific, you can opt for bundles with a selection of different toys like this set from Fi-gent.
This bundle of sensory toys that are perfect for children of all ages, even adults. In detail, the package includes a fluffy slime, two mini cubes, liquid motion, DNA stress balls, fidget bike chain. Rainbow cube, fidget cube, a pack of mochi animals, and five marble toys. It is a complete set with all kinds of stress toys for everyone to share.
This set is specifically designed to relieve anxiety and stress. Each one of the toys in the bundle has a very appeasing effect that calms the nerves. Besides, it helps children with autism when it comes to sensory or hyperactivity issues that they have. It is the perfect set that also aids in keeping focus.
Furthermore, the soft and squishy balls provide relief and ease bouts of autism, ADD, and ADHD. It promotes better focus and clarity, which is a big help out not only kids but also for teenagers and adults.
The slow and rhythmic drop of the liquid motion is great for killing time. The soft silicone and stretchy mochi animals are squishy and perfect for kids to squeeze. These are just two toys in the kit, and there are more options for play with the other ones; no boring time and more fun learning for kids with autism.
4. Magz B014K26L24 Bricks Magnetic Building Set
The best toys for a 3-year-old boy with autism differ for each child. Knowing what a child likes can be an excellent start to finding the ideal toy. I think this Magz-Bricks is worth considering to give them.
For children who like creating things, this stacking toy is perfect. There are a lot of pieces to work with, offering unlimited options for building configuration. It is a fun set that can tickle the imagination and creativity of children to create structures.
The magnetic bricks are equipped with strong magnets for easy stacking and interlocking of the pieces. Besides, we can remove the bricks without hassles and with ease. The effortless and fast attachment will give way to a more fun experience and less frustration.
Each piece measures 2.3 inches x 0.8 inches x 0.6 inches and comes in many colors. This makes it appealing to children and enhances their visual senses, and teaches children about shape recognition. There are 40 pieces in each package, which gives way to many configurations mixing and matching the pieces. They will surely have an exciting and fun time playing with this set of magnetic bricks.
5. Skoolzy Lacing Beads Set
When thinking about purchasing toys for a 3-year-old autistic girl, you always see those familiar toys. Don’t be afraid to go for unique ones such as lacing beads.
This toy set from Skoolzy includes a complete kit with beads and strings that is ideal for toddlers. The beads are big and chunky, so kids can effortlessly grasp and lace them together. On top of that, it comes with a convenient storage bag so you can carry it anywhere you like.
The materials used for this toy are non-toxic and BPA-free. Besides, it passed the necessary tests and received the ASTM certificate. It is also certified to be durable and can last for a long time of use. Parents can rest assured that their kids are playing with a safe toy.
This fun toy is also educational. It helps develop fine motor skills, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination. Moreover, it is a useful resource for occupational therapy for children with autism. Kids can sort the bead and learn colors while doing so. There are many play and learning opportunities for this lace set.
The beads come in different sizes and encourage children to decorate, pattern, string, and lace through the large holes. The different colors and shapes stimulate the visual sensory of a child and help them identify each one.
6. WIly Fox Super Cooking Play Set
Books are always a good gift for any child. Some variations and styles can cater to different children. This brain activity exercise game is ideal for traveling anytime, anywhere. It is a book that is fun and provides sensory learning opportunities for children with autism.
This toy has multifunctional features that offer a diverse experience. Besides, it encourages many skill developments in kids. By playing with this sensory book, children develop their imagination and visual perception, communication, fine motor skills, memory, and several others. It is a toy that combines enjoyment and learning.
You can rest assured that it is of the highest quality because child disability specialists and speech therapists develop this toy. These are the people who understand what kids need, especially when it comes to learning. This board game is designed for every child age three years old and up and autistic kids with delayed speech development.
Safety is essential, especially when it comes to kids’ toys. This toy is made of only the highest quality and safe materials. You can expect this to withstand years of use and can even be passed through the generations. The flashcards have rounded edges to keep them safer.
7. Ayeboovi Plush Talking Hamster Toy
Cute toys often are what we go after when buying a toy for kids. This can also be a good option for children with autism.
Take a look at this cute hamster toy. It is plush with 0.4 inches of hair and gives off warmth when kids hold it in their hands. While it has a blank expression on its face, it can bring laughter and fun for children ages three to five years.
This interactive toy talks and not like other talking toys you see in the market. The hamster repeats what you say to it and not just language but all kinds of sounds too. With its own voice, it mimics the way you talk. Children will indeed have fun talking to this toy and hearing it talk back.
Some kids are shy to talk with others; this toy will be of great help to them. From getting their attention to leading them to talk and laugh more, it is an interactive toy that is good to have around. Besides, it is suitable for any party or occasion and makes it lively and fun. It will also encourage interaction between kids and foster a good relationship.
8. Cozy Bomb 54789125 Shape Sorting Game
A sorting toy for autistic teenagers is a good choice for the development of kids at their early ages. This shape sorting toy from Cozy Bomb is chosen by many parents as one of the best.
Puzzles are great toys every time for any kid. This colorful number sorting and counting jigsaw puzzle is a 3-in-1 shape sorter set that comes with many play opportunities. Children can sort the rings, count the pieces, stack the blocks, and name the colors. There will be no boring time with this wooden puzzle game.
The kit comes with 55 pieces of rings, a wooden board, ten number blocks, ten shape blocks, and a gift box. Kids have many parts to engage with, which offers endless learning and play opportunities.
Furthermore, it aids in children’s early development making it ideal for toddlers ages three years. When kids play with this Montessori toy, they develop their hand-eye coordination, imagination, creativity, and color recognition.
This toy is made of 100% wood with smoothed edges. Non-toxic and water-based paint is used to cover the surface in multiple layers. It is also certified with CPC and ASTM. It is how you know that it’s safe for children to use and doesn’t hurt the environment.
9. BunMo Pop Tubes Sensory Toys
Professionals often mention BunMo as a good brand where you can find great toys for kids. They have a collection of sensory toys that have been named best-sellers in the past years.
Consider these popping pipes that are fun and functional. Kids can stretch, connect, and pop these tubes. Many play opportunities are making it a great go-to toy for toddlers.
Children with special needs will find this entertaining and useful. It is the perfect physical therapy toy that can excite and inspire. Kids can get creative twisting and bending the connected pipes into colorful shapes and even letters. There is no limit to what they can create with this learning toy.
Besides, it provides tactile stimulation, auditory feedback, and fine motor skills. They are having fun with this and developing their well-being and learning at the same time. The flexible tubes also aid in improving bilateral coordination, which is very useful for toddlers with autism and special needs.
Furthermore, when compressed or stretched, the pipes make a popping sound. For more variety, you can connect the tubes and create many fun sounds. Each kit comes with four vibrant colored tubes in green, pink, blue, and purple. It is the perfect addition to anyone’s collection of sensory toys. There is no need for any battery to play with this, making it easier to carry around anywhere.
10. LiKee Wooden Pattern Blocks
LiKee is well-known when it comes to children toys that are not only fun but also educational. You can find a wide variety of wooden pattern blocks that is a great option for children with autism.
This sorting and stacking game is engaging and fun. Drawing the traditional way can get boring quickly, but it’ll be more exciting with this set. In detail, the kit comes with 36 wooden pieces and 60 pattern cards. What kids will do is recreate what is shown in the card with the parts available. They can also come up with their own designs and patterns, providing many play opportunities.
Furthermore, this is very useful in sparking toddlers’ interest and fostering their creativity. They are having fun while learning and developing necessary skills like fine motor, learning shapes, colors, and putting their imagination to work.
If you want to bond with your kids, this is a good toy for that. The flashcard is also used as sight words that adults can use, or they can opt to choose at random and let the toddler build what is shown on it. The shapes puzzle is easy to use and doesn’t require much, but you can have loads of fun while growing closer with your child.
When it comes to safety, this wooden toy set has been tested for safety by a trusted and reliable international laboratory. You can expect it to be well-crafted and non-toxic, safe for kids to use.
11. BunMo Bath Toys with Suction Organizer
Free autism toys are a thing, but if you want a good toy, there are affordable options that you can go for. You can also find toys that double as a useful product for everyone.
Take this product, for example. It is a unique toy that offers a fantastic learning resource. This super silly sucker is excellent for bath time and anytime. In detail, it is a suction construction toy that sticks to all non-porous surfaces. You can do a lot of things with this kit, including connecting, building, sticking, and popping.
This toy is different from other sensory toys that you see. The set has 24 multi-colored wacky shaped pieces with flat centers to build them from various directions. They also stick easily, so it’s frustration-free.
The suction pieces are water-resistant and portable. It comes with a zippered toy organizer that is nautical themed. There are also two wall hooks that are easy to adhere and remove anytime. All these make it handy and easy to transport from one place to another.
It also doubles as an excellent autism toy. The shapes and functions encourage children coordination and motor skills. It will keep those little fingers busy while they are enjoying themselves learning. Besides, it is ideal for any occasion and works as a fantastic gift.
What to Look for When Buying Toys for a 3 Year Old with Autism
When looking for sensory toys for autistic toddlers, there are several things that you should take into consideration. Instead of stocking the playroom with all special needs toys you find in the market, pause and think. How can you make a perfect choice and purchase the good toys for an autistic 3-year-old? Now, please take a look at what we have right here.
Autistic children crave different sensory input. When looking for a good and fitting toy, it is crucial to acknowledge these needs and seek toys that provide the sensory stimulation they need. Many toys can address various sensory needs, and while this is great, you should also look out that they are not overstimulating.
When this happens, their attention will be focused solely on the toy and not around them.
Toys have age-grade set by manufacturers and are written on the packaging. While this helps parents understand what’s appropriate for their kids based on age, it’s different for autistic kids. When purchasing autism toys for 3-year-olds, it is necessary to consider their developmental ability. Some children with autism have intellectual disabilities while others don’t; only parents know what playthings genuinely fit their child.
There are some autistic children that are highly interested in one thing. Some parents think it needs to stop the child’s intense interest, treating it as a habit that has to be broken. However, experts advise that this interest should instead expand play and learning.
Take note of these crucial factors; they can impact your buying decision for sensory toys for 3-year-olds. Rest assured that it will significantly help narrow down your options to the best few, making it easier to decide.
One of the most important things to consider when looking for any kind of toy, such as the best toys for 3-year-olds with autism is the kids’ enjoyment. Moreover, it should cater to their unique needs and interests while helping them develop necessary skills, emotions and behaviors.
I hope that with the product reviews and the buying guide that follows, you learned a lot. These will significantly help you in finding a good toy for your child. If you have any toys for nonverbal autism tips and suggestions, let us know by writing a comment.
- 🔊【𝐓𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫１２３𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐁𝐨𝐲】Ednzion Talking Flash Cards contains 112...
- 🎓【𝐏𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬】- “Baby, what’s this?” “It's Cat,...
- ✨ 【𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 & 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐦 𝐓𝐨𝐲𝐬】Design with small...
- 👶【𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫 １２３𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐎𝐥𝐝】Safe is our first priority, our flash card...
- 🎁【𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫１２３𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐁𝐨𝐲】Built-in a 300mAh rechargeable lithium...
- 【112 pcs Cute Flash Cards for Kids】 When your kids reach the age of learning word, such as 3-5 years old, Yehtta 112pcs flash cards (Double sided)...
- 【Speaking Educational Cards】Standard pronunciation will make it easier for your baby to remember words. At the same time, this toys for 3 year old...
- 【Preschool Educational Toys】Kids don’t like boring learning. This autism toys for toddlers can liberate toddler from boredom. Cute cards,...
- 【Easy to Operate】The design size of this speech therapy toys are very suitable for kids aged 3-5. Kids only need to insert the card into the card...
- 【Nice Gift for Boys & Girls】Surprises for kids must be meaningful. The best choice is one that can make kids grow and make them happy. This...
- ❥【Help Kids Grow Taller】Pogo stick is a good active toy which helps kids grow taller in this fun jumping game. This bounce game improves kid's...
- ❥【Supports up to 250lbs & For All Ages】Pogo stick base's thickness is increased that has better resilience and supports up to 250lbs. With...
- ❥【Better and Fun Squeaker 】The squeaker is upgraded that not easy to be squashed and broken, ensures a longer life than the old version. Our...
- ❥【Comfortable & Safe】Our pogo stick is made of high-density rebound materia: durable foam, thicker pedal. Sweat-absorbing and non-slip, and the...
- ❥【Ideal Gifts for Kids】Fun outdoor toys for kids 3+ and adults, good gift for holiday, birthday party and wonderful Christmas. This foam pogo...
- 👍【Improved Material and Safe】Led gloves Material and producting technology have improved, the cotton fabric used is lighter and more breathable...
- 💝【Cool Fun Toys】LED light up gloves suitable for birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, concerts, carnival, stage performances, easter etc. Bringing...
- 🎨【6 Flashing Modes】Boy toys age 6-8 8-12 years old, just click the button can be switched between 6 different flash modes, the operation is...
- 🎁【Top Ideal Gifts】Glow gloves is an ideal first gifts for 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 year old boys girls. Do you want them be surprised? Show this...
- 🔋【5 Extra Batteries & Great Service】Comes with 5 spare replaceable batteries pre-installed. We take pride in the highest product quality and...
- Great developmental toy – The Whack-A-Frog can help develop fine motor skill, encourage the development of your toddler's hand-eye coordination and...
- Fun & safety first - The Whack-A-Frog features two different game modes and a total of 38 different speed changing levels which will increase in...
- Parent-child game - The Whack-A-Frog is the perfect interactive toy for both children and adults to enjoy together, competing to see who can get a...
- The best gift for 3 to 10 years kids - Our interactive Whack-A-Frog toy was designed as a great present in the safest possible ways: it has smooth...
- We stand behind our products. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us.
- [ Toddler Learning Toys ] - This speech therapy toy includes a card reader and 112 double sided flash cards covering 12 subjects like shapes, colors,...
- [ Easy to Use ] - Put the card into the card reader’s slot, the card reader will pronounce the words. When an animal card or transport card is...
- [Rechargeable & Light ] - The toddler toy comes with built-in rechargeable battery and can be used for up to 4.5 hours, no need to charge frequently....
- [ Appliable Both for Home & Class ] - This toddler toys can be used by parents and teachers to teach little ones learning talking, expand vocabulary...
- [ Great Gift ] - This learning toy is a great gift for birthday, Christmas and other holidays for girls and boys ages 2 3 4 5 6 years old. Play it...
- 🧒【Transform Learning into Play】- Make learning fun and engaging for your child with HahaGift's matching letter game. Instead of boring...
- 🧒【Boost Early Word Recognition】- Designed for kids ages 3-5, this educational toy includes 30 cards with 60 different words, 10 letter cubes,...
- 🧒【Develop Multiple Skills】- Playing this game helps children develop cognitive, memory, strategic thinking, and eye-hand coordination skills....
- 🧒【Promote Family Bonding】- With variations for 2 or more players, this game is perfect for family playtime. Children can match letters, form...
- 🧒【Ideal Gift for Preschoolers】- Whether it's for a birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just because, this learning toy makes the...